Friday 24 August 2012

Going to 'Ink & Spindle'


Work Placement: Wednesday 22nd August – Friday 24th August
 
'Ink & Spindle's Studio
 
I arrived at the Young Husband building at 11 o’clock for my first day of work placement
While I was there I undertook any job Lara or Tegan gave me. Some of these jobs included
 
-Wrapping bundles of fabrics to be delivered to customers,
-Cutting up sample squares of fabrics
-Taking out the rubbish
-Cleaning the dishes
-Making tea
-Learn how to fold 'fat quarters' -Watch Tegan and Lara print fabrics
-And clean used screens

I learnt a lot about the design industry from watching these two creative designers and listening to what they had to say. It was a great opportunity and I would defiantly do it again if i had the chance. 
 
 
Folding 'Fat Quarters'
Cleaning a Screen with a Pressurised Hose


Watching Tegan and Lara Print Some Fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment