Saturday 21 July 2012

Furnitex and Decoration + Design

As part of a TAFE assignment I am required to find a wallpaper or fabric that I am inspired by, and create my own version. To do this I went down to Melbourne for the Furnitex and DECORATION + DESIGN Trade Fair last Saturday. There were some fantastic pieces on display, as well as some very talented designers. At Design Made Trade I talked to Tegan Rose from 'Ink & Spindle' about some of their unique fabric prints.

Grevillea in greylead & mustard
'Ink & Spindle' is a boutique textile studio located in Kensington, Melbourne. Owned by designers Lara Cameron & Tegan Rose. They design and screen print all their textiles by hand in an ethical and sustainable manner. Their designs are largely inspired by nature, particularly Australia’s native flora and fauna. The products are made using water based, solvent free inks, and are printed onto lovely organic cotton and hemp blend fabrics. There was one design I was really inspired by, 'Grevillea'. I will be using this design as inspiration for my own fabric print collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment